- 4 Ways to Manage Anxiety (Science Backed)
- 10 Native American Tales Of Wisdom That Will Touch Your Soul
- These Are The Bad Habits Of Each Zodiac Sign
- 7 Things People With High Emotional Intelligence Do Differently
- 5 Simple Ways To Embrace Being Alone
- 6 Reasons People Lose Their Ability To Love
- Another Powerful Message From Jim Carrey That Could Change Your Life Forever
- 10 Reasons Why People Who Like Sleeping Naked Are Healthier People
- Finally!!! Monsanto Has To Appear Before International Tribunal
- How To Spot A Spiritual Sexual Predator
Google Paid A Guy To Travel 500,000 km To Capture Thailand’s Countryside
Thailand is a big country, at just under 200,000 square miles. Two years ago, Google made the decision to try and map as much of the country as possible, which is difficult considering that most of the nation is countryside.
On Monday, Google added 150 new places of interest in the country, and it was all the work of a single man who walked over 300,000 miles with a 40 pound camera on his back to capture it all.
Thai triathlete named Panupong Luangsa-ard strapped on the backpack and trudged through most of the country.
“While collecting just the tea plantations and strawberry fields, he burned through four pairs of shoes,” a Google spokesman told Mashable.
The epic walk took just over two years.
Luangsa-ard only took days off when it was rainy, since the camera needs fair weather. And each working day lasted 6 to 8 hours, the battery life of the camera.
The fruits of his labors? Well those can be seen below…